The Center strives to provide the best service possible for everyone. Excellent service, with the needs of the customer in mind, is the foundation of the Center´s practice.
The goal of the institute is to enhance the possibilities of those who are blind, visually impaired or deafblind to participate in all areas of society on equal terms with others, focusing on support to education, independent living, active leisure and employment.
The institute is a service, resource, education, and rehabilitation center. Furthermore, it is a knowledge center that collects and promotes information on the situation of customers in order to improve services and promote progress.
The institute has overview of the circumstances of blind or visually impaired individuals and coordinates with other entities to provide appropriate services. It also conducts training, consultation and support for families, schools and other service institutions.
Focus regarding services is based on the individual and his/her specific needs. No age discrimination; whatever the customer needs, we will work with according to his/her needs and ability but not based on age.
We hold seminars and workshops but most of the training and rehabilitation is done on individual basis particularly in:
- Mobility and Orientation
- Daily Living Skills
- Computers and technology
- Social counseling
It's important to provide education and knowledge to families, friends, co-workers and the immediate environment.
General services include:
- Eye examinations and evaluation of sight.
- Records and certificates.
- Counseling by social worker and assistance with social insurance and benefits.
- Provide assistive devices and education in how to use the equipment.
- Training and education on computers, software and related technology.
- Training in mobility and independent living.
- Assistance and counseling to schools at all levels.
- Teach Braille to students, teachers and family.
- Custom eyewear and eye prosthesis.
- Refunds for eyewear.
- Braille and large print material and books.